Wednesday, April 21, 2010

oh, take me back!

what's the deal with everybody? spring fever? two people i know have recently announced their engagements, one of which is my dear friend liz. don't get me wrong, i'm happy for the happy couples but also feel odd about it all. and i'm not jealous, if that's what you're thinking. it's just that i feel confronted by my age, i guess, and by the fact that even if i wanted to get married, who would i marry? mom, if you're reading this, i know who you are thinking of.

um, anyway, what do i really care about societal pressures? i have a low paying job with little to no desire to change my current situation so boo-yah, fuck the naysayers or whatev.

although let's say i get married: django's "out of nowhere" will play for my first dance. guess i better learn how to dance to that style of music, actually. eh, i have probably fifteen years to worry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment