Monday, February 2, 2015

lest I forget

When my friend Augusta turned 11, I made her a copy of "The White Album" on cassette tape and bought her some Bonne Belle lipsmackers. I thought it was the best gift because it was exactly what I would have wanted. Her dad thought it was cool. She was nonplussed. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scholastic book fairs. An allowance of $20.00. Why would I buy posters of Corvettes? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had the same Brian Wilson poster tacked up in every apartment. He's seen so many things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Velvet Underground while drunk off of cheap whiskey at 3 p.m. in the summer and other bad ideas.





No comments:

Post a Comment