Monday, February 15, 2010

nothing to it

at mall del norte, in laredo, you can have your shoes shined while listening to local musicians play the pan flute.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i saw a late night commercial one late night. a kid of five or six with blonde hair tells his grandpa, "whatever you want grandpa, as much as you want!" i think it was for cereal, or something.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your wife is weird, because she cries for flowers. also, i remember twenty-year old you with your wine stained lips and worried eyes. i wish i hadn't deleted that link. fuckkkkkkkkkkkk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think i was nine, maybe ten, definitely getting into the ages where i should know better or at least have some sort of shame, but i'd get out of bed every night when i was sure my parents were asleep and i'd dance in front of my full-length mirrors which were really closet doors. i'd dance to the swan lake ballet, and my hair would whip around me and my nose would run. if i heard anybody coming down the hall, i'd jump into my bed and pretend i was asleep, my heart pounding wildly. it's almost the way i'd jump from the entrance of my room at the door to my bed, a good six feet away. i'd pretend my carpet was really shark-infested water. it wasn't, obviously, but sometimes i'd find tacks in the bottom of my foot that had fallen from one of my many hanson posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment