Monday, March 7, 2011

mystery neighbor

So, it's been over a week and I still haven't met my reclusive neighbor across the hall. I know it's a woman, and I know that she likes "faeiries" if the stickers on her car are any indication. I know she has a cat, because I see his orange head peering out behind the screen door on her patio. I keep waiting to hear her footsteps so I can take the opportunity to introduce myself, but she hasn't left the apartment once yet as far as I can tell. She's home when I leave in the morning and she's home when I get back from work. I was starting to think she was dead, honestly, and wondered who would be the appropriate person to notify. Then today, a break in the case; for the first time, I hear something coming from her apartment: she's listening to Pink and singing along. LOUDLY. I don't think I want to know her, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment