Wednesday, March 9, 2011

relationship

unbeknownst to him, i recorded the conversation i had with my uncle yesterday in his car. it's hard to explain the kind of relationship we have to somebody who doesn't know him, but suffice it to say that it's definitely unconventional. by that i mean that he and i converse more as siblings that grew up together instead of the orthodox uncle/niece relationship, which i imagine is more careful, less familiar. he does not hesitate to tell me every minutiae of his day and he often shares details with me that i would rather not know (such as his bowel movements, his sexual conquests, etc.) to be precise, i feel like he regards me as a younger brother, an apprentice of sorts, and a confidante (which i know sounds ridiculous, but, again, you don't know my uncle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment